Tractor-trailer Truck Drivers ensure that freight is delivered safely and on time by performing route planning and monitoring road and traffic conditions. Their duties include driving over long distances, keeping detailed trip logs, and performing regular service checks and minor repairs on the truck and trailer, when required.
When interviewing Tractor-trailer Truck Drivers, look for candidates who possess incident-free driving records, as well as extensive experience in driving truck and trailer combination vehicles across long distances Be wary of candidates who lack experience in securing loads and those who demonstrate limited knowledge of route planning.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Tractor-trailer Truck Drivers:
1. Can you tell me which skills distinguish an experienced truck driver from others?
Assesses the candidate’s knowledge and experience in tractor-trailer truck driving.
2. Can you tell me how you would reach a destination if your GPS navigation fails?
Evaluates the candidate's experience and their ability to solve problems.
3. A tire bursts while you are driving on an interstate highway. How do you react?
Highlights the candidate’s experience and their ability to ensure the safety of their freight and that of other road users.
4. Can you tell me about a time when you successfully delivered a challenging load?
Demonstrates the candidate's skills and whether the described scenario meets job expectations.
5. What would you do if a severe snowstorm delays your delivery schedule?
Tests the candidate’s communication skills, as well as their ability to follow procedures under pressure.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources