CDL Driver Job Description Template
We are searching for a cautious CDL driver to transport stock to clients, both near and far. The CDL driver should gather and pack products, drive these to clients, and then return to our base to prepare for the next delivery. You should perform all duties within the confines of the law.
To ensure success as a CDL driver, you should pay close attention to the types and quantities of stock being delivered to avoid company losses. An exceptional CDL driver will be able to drive in all conditions, regardless of the time of day.
CDL Driver Responsibilities:
- Determining the details of each delivery.
- Collecting and loading stock in a manner that prevents breakage.
- Ensuring that the truck has sufficient fuel at all times.
- Informing clients and your Manager of potential delays.
- Stopping for frequent rest breaks along the journey.
- Delivering stock to clients on or before each deadline.
- Completing, storing, and submitting all necessary documentation.
- Paying all pertinent tolls as you drive to and from destinations.
- Keeping track of all reasonable expenses and submitting proof thereof to obtain refunds.
- Reporting all vehicle-related issues for urgent attention.
CDL Driver Requirements:
- Relevant CDL.
- Experience operating similar vehicles for work purposes.
- Comfortable using GPS equipment.
- Ensuring that you are always fit to maneuver the truck.
- Compliance with all road and transport rules.
- Ability to drive safely, irrespective of the weather or time of day.
- Top-notch time management, interpersonal, and administrative skills.
- Exceptional stamina.
- Capacity to work for days on end, if needed.