OTR Drivers use heavy-duty trucks and trailers to transport cargo over long distances. They plan routes to ensure the timely delivery of cargo, perform inspections of the designated company vehicle, and maintain communication with dispatchers to report any delays and vehicle problems.
When interviewing OTR Drivers, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate dedication, sound knowledge of road safety regulations, and excellent time management skills. Be wary of candidates who have low energy as well as poor communication and problem-solving skills.
Interview Questions for OTR Drivers:
1. Would you rather cut back on mandatory rest periods or have a major delivery delayed?
Demonstrates the candidate's honesty, analytical skills, and ability to adhere to road safety regulations.
2. What safety measures should you take when transporting hazardous materials?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge and experience.
3. What should you do before each trip to ensure vehicle and cargo safety?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, analytical skills, and experience.
4. What would you do if the company truck broke down during an important delivery?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication and problem-solving skills.
5. What would you do if you were involved in a minor accident that was your fault?
Demonstrates the candidate's honesty, communication skills, and ability to follow company protocol.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources