Long Haul Truck Drivers deliver freight safely and on time by carefully planning their routes and constantly monitoring road and traffic conditions. Their duties include driving trucks across the country, maintaining trip logs, and performing regular checks and minor repairs on their trucks, when required.
When interviewing Long Haul Truck Drivers, look for candidates with extensive experience in driving trucks across long distances and incident-free driving records. Avoid candidates with limited knowledge of route planning and those who lack experience in securing loads.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Long Haul Truck Drivers:
1. Can you tell me which skills inexperienced Long Haul Truck Drivers might lack?
Assesses the candidate’s knowledge and experience in long haul truck driving.
2. GPS navigation fails on a remote road. How would you reach your destination?
Reveals the candidate's route planning experience and their ability to solve problems.
3. Your truck starts to jackknife on an icy interstate highway. How do you react?
Evaluates the candidate’s driving skills and their ability to ensure safety under pressure.
4. Tell me about a time when you had a challenging load to secure. What did you do?
Tests the candidate's skills and whether the described scenario meets job requirements.
5. What would you do if a severe storm delays a scheduled delivery?
Demonstrates the candidate’s communication skills and their ability to follow procedures.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources