Interview Questions for Literary Agents:
1. How would you handle rejection from publishers?
Demonstrates the candidate’s ability to accept rejection as well as their experience.
2. What should a literary agent look for when initially reading through authors' manuscripts?
Reveals the candidate’s industry knowledge, analytical skills, and experience.
3. What would you do if an author you were representing refused to implement any recommended changes to their manuscript?
Assesses the candidate’s communication and problem-solving skills.
4. What measures would you take to ensure that authors' books get into bookstores?
Highlights the candidate’s industry knowledge, their networking and negotiation skills, as well as experience.
5. How do you keep abreast of the latest developments in the publishing industry?
Demonstrates the candidate’s industry knowledge and their commitment to the job.