Creative Writer Job Description Template
We are looking for a creative writer with a keen eye for detail and the ability to thrive under pressure. The creative writer will be constructing copy, both long and short-form, for a number of different audiences. You must be able to work well on your own and as part of a team. Any changes suggested by our editors should be timeously implemented. The creative writer should know how to strike a balance between quality and quantity.
To be successful as a creative writer, you should constantly strive to hone your skills and view any feedback session as a learning opportunity. An outstanding creative writer should read widely and be comfortable sharing their work. You should also be able to follow both written and verbal briefs, and be able to meet deadlines.
Creative Writer Responsibilities:
- Conducting research before and during the writing process.
- Preparing material for assignments, which includes planning, outline, and synopsis.
- Conducting thorough fact-checks before submitting any work.
- Ensuring the logical flow of all writing produced.
- Attending feedback sessions and making revisions suggested by the client, publisher or editors.
- Attending training sessions and workshops as required.
Creative Writer Requirements:
- A degree in writing, communication, language, marketing, or similar.
- Evidence of writing experience (links to published work would be advantageous).
- Critical reading and thinking skills.
- An interest in current events and a general thirst for knowledge.
- Resilience and the ability to accept constructive feedback.
- Basic computer skills.
- A growth mindset.