Freelance Writers produce textual works for one or more customers. Freelance Writers are self-employed and hence, not committed to a singular full-time, permanent position.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Freelance Writer Job Description Template
We are searching for an experienced Freelance Writer to generate texts for our company. The Freelance Writer's responsibilities include overseeing all aspects of this production process, from inception to submission. You should also liaise with the client to delineate assignment-related expectations, as needed.
To ensure success as a Freelance Writer, you should be accustomed to working with various word processors. Ultimately, an outstanding Freelance Writer will tailor their writing style to accommodate the needs of different audiences.
Freelance Writer Responsibilities:
- Formulating texts in accordance with prescribed editorial and formatting guidelines.
- Communicating with the client to explicate assignment-related expectations, as required.
- Informing the client of assignment-related difficulties as they are detected.
- Ensuring that texts are properly researched.
- Maintaining originality in your work.
- Proofreading your assignments to detect and correct errors.
- Submitting completed works via the requisite channels.
- Monitoring and logging hours spent on each assignment.
- Submitting your own tax returns in a timely manner.
Freelance Writer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Creative Writing, Journalism, Communication Studies, or adjacent field.
- Prior writing experience, preferably as a Freelancer.
- Portfolio of completed works.
- Own personal or laptop computer.
- Familiarity with mainstream word processing software.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Capacity to work with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, disciplined approach to work.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources