Independent Contractors are responsible for completing a particular assignment by a stipulated deadline. Freelancers can be classified as Independent Contractors in instances where their clients cannot dictate how work is performed.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Independent Contractor Job Description Template
We are searching for a self-motivated Independent Contractor to join our company. The Independent Contractor's responsibilities include completing assigned tasks with minimal supervision. You should also complete and file your tax returns in a timely manner.
To ensure success as an Independent Contractor, you should possess excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Ultimately, an outstanding Independent Contractor will produce high-quality work with minimal supervision.
Independent Contractor Responsibilities:
- Liaising with the client to elucidate job requirements, as needed.
- Gathering the materials needed to complete the assignment.
- Overseeing the assignment, from inception to completion.
- Tailoring your approach to work to suit the job specifications, as required.
- Communicating assignment-related issues with the client as soon as they arise.
- Ensuring that assignments are completed according to stipulated requirements.
- Finalizing tasks by predetermined deadlines.
- Completing and submitting your tax returns in a timely manner.
Independent Contractor Requirements:
- Relevant degree or certification.
- Proven experience in a similar position.
- Portfolio of completed tasks.
- Access to all human and material resources needed to conduct duties.
- Excellent organizational, multitasking, and communication skills.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Driven, self-motivated disposition.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources