Line Cook Interview Questions:
1. What cleaning detergent do you use to clean prep stations and why?
Tests the candidate’s cleaning abilities and knowledge of sanitation products.
2. What is the difference between broiling and frying?
Reveals the candidate’s previous training and educational history.
3. Can you describe your method for keeping a prep station organized?
Demonstrates the candidate’s organizational skills.
4. You are running behind schedule when a customer asks to have their meal improved, how would you prioritize your work?
Tests the candidate’s multi-tasking abilities.
5. How would you handle a conflict with another employee?
Reveals the candidate’s ability to work in a team environment.