Line Cooks work under the supervision of a head chef, preparing food and ingredients in a restaurant. In addition to playing a significant role in the preparation of meals, these professionals have several duties including cleaning the kitchen, setting up prep stations, and stocking inventory.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Line Cook Interview Questions:
1. What cleaning detergent do you use to clean prep stations and why?
Tests the candidate’s cleaning abilities and knowledge of sanitation products.
2. What is the difference between broiling and frying?
Reveals the candidate’s previous training and educational history.
3. Can you describe your method for keeping a prep station organized?
Demonstrates the candidate’s organizational skills.
4. You are running behind schedule when a customer asks to have their meal improved, how would you prioritize your work?
Tests the candidate’s multi-tasking abilities.
5. How would you handle a conflict with another employee?
Reveals the candidate’s ability to work in a team environment.