Lead Line Cook Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a hard-working and experienced lead line cook to supervise all food preparation activities and ensure that high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained. The lead line cook’s responsibilities include assisting the head cook in preparing entrées, advising our line cooks on suitable portion sizes, and ensuring that food items are stored at the correct temperatures. You should also be able to train line cooks and attend all mandatory meetings.
To be successful as a lead line cook, you should be knowledgeable of various cooking techniques and have a passion for food. Ultimately, an exceptional lead line cook should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills.
Lead Line Cook Responsibilities:
- Assisting in preparing meal ingredients, which includes washing, peeling, cutting, and slicing fruits and vegetables as well as marinating meats.
- Preparing soups, salads, and sauces as instructed by the head cook.
- Plating and garnishing meal items in accordance with the instructions provided by the head cook.
- Supervising the work of line cooks to ensure that all given tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that all cooking stations are adequately stocked with the necessary meal ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Ensuring that all cooking stations and kitchen surfaces are cleaned and disinfected before and after each shift.
- Adhering to standard food rotation practices to reduce food wastage and minimize the risk of contamination.
- Assessing the quality of delivered food supplies to ensure that it meets restaurant standards.
Lead Line Cook Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's or associate's degree in culinary arts is advantageous.
- Proven cooking experience.
- A food handler's license.
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.