Lead Line Cooks ensure that all kitchen activities run smoothly. They oversee the work of Line Cooks, prepare soups, salads, and sauces, as well as plate and garnish food items as instructed by the Head Cook or Chef.
When interviewing Lead Line Cooks, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm, sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations, and a passion for food. Be wary of candidates who have low energy as well as poor leadership, communication, and time management skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Lead Line Cooks:
1. How would you expedite customers' orders on a busy day without compromising on quality?
Demonstrates the candidate's organizational, time management, and leadership skills.
2. What would you do if you noticed a Line Cook using the same chopping board to cut meat and vegetables?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of food health and safety regulations as well as communication and leadership skills.
3. What steps do you take to minimize food wastage and spoilage?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge and experience.
4. How do you handle criticism from customers regarding the taste or quality of your food?
Demonstrates the candidate's ability to handle criticism, willingness to improve his or her cooking skills, and experience.
5. What would you do if the Line Cooks kept portioning meal items incorrectly?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources