An Executive Chef directs the day-to-day operations of a commercial kitchen. Ideal candidates are pro-active, strategic and resilient to stress. Avoid timid, over-sensitive candidates.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Executive Chef Interview Questions
1. Could you give me examples of where you went beyond the call of duty in your previous position?
Executive Chefs are required to cater to customers’ special needs and requests. The potential hire needs to convince you they are willing to go the extra mile.
2. What would you do if the majority of your team didn’t arrive for work on a busy public holiday shift, and most of those present seemed intoxicated?
Listen carefully. The answer to this question will demonstrate the candidate's problem-solving skills.
3. How would you train our staff to make new, difficult recipes?
The potential hire’s answer will show their ability to train your staff, as well as their approach.
4. How do you maintain the cold chain when you receive food delivery supplies?
The potential hire needs to demonstrate understanding of maintaining the cold chain to ensure customers’ safety.
5. What are the biggest work-related challenges food preparation workers, dishwashers and cooks face respectively?
As the kitchen's Human Resources manager, the Executive Chef needs to display sound understanding of various kitchen positions to prevent unrealistic expectations.