Legal Receptionists welcome visitors and answer phone calls at law firms. Their responsibilities include scheduling appointments, and managing mail and deliveries. They may also work at government offices, courthouses, and corporate legal departments.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Legal Receptionist Job Description Template
We are looking for a versatile Legal Receptionist to run our reception department. In this role, you will be required to welcome visitors and answer calls. As a Legal Receptionist, your duties include scheduling appointments, handling inquiries, and managing mail and deliveries. You may also be required to assist with filing.
To ensure success as a Legal Receptionist, you should exhibit excellent communication skills and competency in general office administration. Outstanding Legal Receptionists are polished professionals who create a positive first impression.
Legal Receptionist Responsibilities:
- Welcoming clients and visitors upon arrival at reception.
- Answering, screening, and forwarding phone calls in a professional manner.
- Assisting clients and visitors with the location of legal staff.
- Scheduling and confirming appointments.
- Observing business etiquette, and maintaining a professional appearance.
- Directing the flow of mail, faxes, and deliveries to reach the intended recipients.
- Ordering and replenishing office supplies.
- Managing the maintenance and repair of office equipment.
- Assisting with copying, scanning, faxing, emailing, note-taking, and travel bookings.
- Preparing meeting facilities, and arranging refreshments, if required.
Legal Receptionist Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Formal qualification in office administration, secretarial work, or related training.
- Qualification in paralegal studies or similar preferred.
- Prior experience as a legal receptionist will be advantageous.
- Familiarity with legal terms, legal documents, and filing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience working with word processing, spread sheets, printers, copiers, scanners, faxes, and appointment scheduling and call forwarding systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources