Legal Receptionist Job Description Template
We are looking for a versatile legal receptionist to run our reception department. In this role, you will be required to welcome visitors and answer calls. As a legal receptionist, your duties include scheduling appointments, handling inquiries, and managing mail and deliveries. You may also be required to assist with filing.
To ensure success as a legal receptionist, you should exhibit excellent communication skills and competency in general office administration. Outstanding legal receptionists are polished professionals who create a positive first impression.
Legal Receptionist Responsibilities:
- Welcoming clients and visitors upon arrival at reception.
- Answering, screening, and forwarding phone calls in a professional manner.
- Assisting clients and visitors with the location of legal staff.
- Scheduling and confirming appointments.
- Observing business etiquette, and maintaining a professional appearance.
- Directing the flow of mail, faxes, and deliveries to reach the intended recipients.
- Ordering and replenishing office supplies.
- Managing the maintenance and repair of office equipment.
- Assisting with copying, scanning, faxing, emailing, note-taking, and travel bookings.
- Preparing meeting facilities, and arranging refreshments, if required.
Legal Receptionist Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Formal qualification in office administration, secretarial work, or related training.
- Qualification in paralegal studies or similar preferred.
- Prior experience as a legal receptionist will be advantageous.
- Familiarity with legal terms, legal documents, and filing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience working with word processing, spreadsheets, printers, copiers, scanners, faxes, and appointment scheduling and call forwarding systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.