Legal receptionists create a positive first impression at the front desk of law firms, government offices, courthouses, and corporate legal departments, greeting clients and visitors, and answering calls. They ensure that appointments are scheduled and confirmed, and that mail and deliveries are managed.
When interviewing Legal Receptionists, look for energetic, friendly candidates with demonstrable receptionist experience, and exceptional administrative and interpersonal skills. Be wary of those who lack professional etiquette, and those who can't offer appropriate solutions to frequently-encountered reception desk challenges.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Legal Receptionists:
1. How would you greet a visitor arriving at reception?
Demonstrates professionalism, as well as communication skills.
2. How would you handle a caller demanding to speak with someone in a meeting?
Tests the applicant's interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
3. What software have you previously used to schedule appointments?
Highlights computer skills and industry experience.
4. Which situations that arise at legal reception desks require multitasking?
Evaluates the candidate's prioritizing and decision-making skills.
5. What would you do if you accidentally drop a forwarded call?
Reveals professionally appropriate problem-solving skills, or a lack thereof.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources