Legal Administrative Assistants are professionals who support paralegals and lawyers in a legal environment. They conduct legal research, draft documents of various legal disciplines, manage schedules, and ensure the efficient and effective administration of the office.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Legal Administrative Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a Legal Administrative Assistant with exceptional administrative and research skills. Legal Administrative Assistants are expected to work comfortably under pressure with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, Legal Administrative Assistants should be detail oriented, exercise sound judgment and must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a keen interest in providing purposeful support to lawyers and paralegals. Top candidates will be familiar with key legal principles and possess incredible accuracy, strong IT skills and excellent time management.
Legal Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Perform accurate legal research and analysis.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations in legal documents.
- Compile, proofread and revise drafts of legal documents and reports.
- Daily record keeping with electronic and hard copy filing of documents.
- Obtain relevant information from other organizations or agencies.
- Create and organize information, and generate reference tools for easy use by the office.
- Prepare and format legal and management reports.
- Maintain and update databases and tracking systems.
- Respond to all case-related queries.
- Ensure efficient and effective administrative information and assistance.
Legal Administrative Assistant Requirements:
- Paralegal Certificate (essential).
- Bachelors Certificate in Law or related (desirable).
- One year of experience in a legal environment.
- Analytical thinker with detailed research proficiencies.
- Ability to grasp and interpret legal documents.
- Systematic knowledge of databases and tracking systems.
- Fantastic organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Brilliant written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Lexis-Nexis, USAO and scheduling software.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources