Legal Analysts are legal specialists who support and aid individual lawyers or legal teams. They conduct legal research, assemble legal documents and evidence, maintain databases and tracking systems, and track, organize, assess and file documents.
Legal Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a Legal Analyst with outstanding organizational and clerical skills. Legal Analysts are expected to work under pressure according to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, Legal Analysts should be skillful at legal research, analytical and exceptional communicators with a keen interest in providing precise and intuitive guidance to lawyers and legal teams. Top candidates will be experts in key legal principles with amazing administrative skills, strong IT skills and a thorough attention to detail.
Legal Analyst Responsibilities:
- Conduct legal research and gather related legal information.
- Decipher laws, rulings and regulations in legal documents.
- Assemble, proofread and amend drafts of contracts, leases, licenses, policies and other legal documents.
- Monitor, study and develop written summaries of anticipated and endorsed legislation, regulations, court decisions, industry standards, trade journals and other relevant publications.
- Daily record keeping with electronic and physical filing of documents.
- Synthesize and organize information, and create reference tools for easy use by the team.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal business teams seeking legal and regulatory support.
- Maintain and update databases and tracking systems.
- All-purpose administrative duties ie. responding to correspondence and answering telephone calls.
Legal Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Law (essential).
- Two years of experience as a legal analyst or similar.
- Analytical thinker with strong theoretical and research proficiencies.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret legal documents.
- Thorough knowledge of databases and tracking systems.
- Solid organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Brilliant written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and in conflict situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Lexis-Nexis, PACER, Westlaw and other legal research sites.