Legal Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a legal analyst with outstanding organizational and clerical skills. Legal Analysts are expected to work under pressure according to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, legal analysts should be skillful at legal research, analytical and exceptional communicators with a keen interest in providing precise and intuitive guidance to lawyers and legal teams. Top candidates will be experts in key legal principles with amazing administrative skills, strong IT skills and a thorough attention to detail.
Legal Analyst Responsibilities:
- Conduct legal research and gather related legal information.
- Decipher laws, rulings and regulations in legal documents.
- Assemble, proofread and amend drafts of contracts, leases, licenses, policies and other legal documents.
- Monitor, study and develop written summaries of anticipated and endorsed legislation, regulations, court decisions, industry standards, trade journals and other relevant publications.
- Daily record keeping with electronic and physical filing of documents.
- Synthesize and organize information, and create reference tools for easy use by the team.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal business teams seeking legal and regulatory support.
- Maintain and update databases and tracking systems.
- All-purpose administrative duties ie. responding to correspondence and answering telephone calls.
Legal Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in law (essential).
- Two years of experience as a legal analyst or similar.
- Analytical thinker with strong theoretical and research proficiencies.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret legal documents.
- Thorough knowledge of databases and tracking systems.
- Solid organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Brilliant written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and in conflict situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Lexis-Nexis, PACER, Westlaw and other legal research sites.