Laboratory Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly-organized and level-headed laboratory manager to ensure that all lab operations run smoothly by scheduling staff, ordering supplies, maintaining health and safety protocols, and training lab assistants.
To be successful as a laboratory manager you must be able to multitask and plan ahead. A top-notch laboratory manager combines their experience in the science field with excellent managerial skills.
Laboratory Manager Responsibilities:
- Scheduling staff.
- Ordering supplies.
- Managing the disposal of samples.
- Training lab assistants.
- Upholding health and safety protocols.
- Handling security documents.
- Maintaining specialized software.
Laboratory Manager Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or another health and science field.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a lab manager.
- Excellent managerial skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Expert knowledge of laboratory health and safety protocols.
- Experience working in a lab would be advantageous.