Microbiologist Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a microbiologist with outstanding research and analytical skills. Microbiologists should be technical and scientific experts with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
To ensure success, microbiologists should have meticulous attention to detail and display a keen interest in treating and preventing diseases that are harmful to humans and the environment. Top candidates will be logical thinkers who have superb problem-solving skills, wonderful observation skills and are highly proficient in math.
- Supervise and conduct research on various microbiological activities on a regular basis.
- Maintain knowledge on various research methods and perform all manual operations on various supplies.
- Develop and maintain validation in all protocols for various environmental controls.
- Perform laboratory analysis on all materials after appropriate sterilization.
- Perform tests on component samples, identify any contamination, conduct an analysis and initiate corrective measures.
- Study various cultures of microorganisms in isolation according to standard inhibition and ensure control over moisture and temperature.
- Monitor all physiological and morphological characteristics and identify microorganisms.
- Perform tests on all incoming ingredients and document all records.
- Develop and prepare research papers and documents for all protocols.
- Perform audits on various environmental programs and perform reviews.
- Develop various testing processes for all raw materials and equipment, and monitor all finished products.
- Investigate all issues and prevent any GMP problems on samples.
- Maintain accurate records and perform tests on all activities conducted in the laboratory.
- Develop and document various microbiology laboratory processes and prepare final reports.
- Maintain purchase orders for all laboratory processes and monitor inventory.
- Degree in microbiology or biochemistry or related (essential).
- 2 years of experience as a microbiologist (essential).
- Ability to plan and execute experimental protocols.
- Excellent knowledge of electron microscopes, electronic equipment, chemical samples, and stains and weighing equipment.
- Highly skilled in microbiology techniques, methodology, equipment and supplies.
- In-depth knowledge of laboratory tests used in microbiology work.
- Proficient in methods and practices of microbiological analysis.
- Great ability to prepare research papers and technical reports.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Strong leader who displays accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong IT and math skills.
- Excellent laboratory skills.
- Willingness to keep up-to-date with current information and research.