Food Scientists improve food quality and packaging and originate new food products. This may include ensuring products comply with safety standards as well as developing improved food processing, storage and transportation methods.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Food Scientist Job Description Template
We are looking for an innovative Food Scientist to provide technical expertise, and to assist with the development and review of formulations for current and future products. The Food Scientist will collaborate with project teams to create new products from conceptualization to commercialization. The Food Scientist will unleash brand potential, and evolve and improve nutritional quality, flavor and texture of food products. The Food Scientist will assist the company to stay on the forefront of new developments and product innovations.
To be successful in this role, you should interpret and apply scientific findings to food, know how to translate findings into innovative products, and understand how to translate business objectives into clear project goals. Top candidates will be team players, and be passionate about product development.
Food Scientist Responsibilities:
- Researching new cost-reducing manufacturing processes that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- Communicating with relevant parties regarding food quality and safety concerns.
- Utilizing formulation software to create and update formulations.
- Working on new products from conceptualization to launch.
- Arranging and shipping sales samples.
- Updating product information sheets for sales preparation and updated labels.
- Recording, analyzing and summarizing research data.
- Coordinating independent laboratory testing.
- Updating and maintaining MRP system.
- Adhering to GMP and other safety regulations.
- Performing other duties assigned by supervisor.
Food Scientist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry or a related field.
- Ability to use internal and external sources to make technical scientific advances.
- Proven ability of working in a laboratory.
- Knowledge and understanding of data science.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel overnight, and to work night and weekend shifts for special projects.