Food Scientist Interview Questions:
1. Could you suggest innovative ideas you would conceptualize for our current products?
The answer to this question will give you a good idea of the candidate’s level of creativity, as well as the candidate's vision for your product.
2. Which innovative ideas did you develop in your previous position?
The answer to this question will give you further insight into the potential hire’s creative skills. Listen at the same time how the potential hire verbalizes information—a food scientist needs outstanding communication skills.
3. What would you like to ultimately accomplish as a food scientist?
The potential hire’s vision for the future will show you where they can take your product.
4. Do you work well with others, and why would you say so?
Listen carefully for the potential hire to demonstrate the ability to work well with others. To create innovative products from conceptualization to commercialization, it is essential for a food scientist to work well with team members and other interested parties.
5. Do you thrive without supervision, and why would you say so?
The candidate’s answer will show you whether the candidate is a self-starter, which is an important attribute for a food scientist.