A Specimen Processor unpacks specimens, completes documentation, captures data, prepares specimens and performs support activities. Ideal candidates are organized, focused and are able to perform to a high level of accuracy. Avoid disorganized, careless candidates.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Specimen Processor Interview Questions
1. Could you explain how you would prepare aliquots in non-technical terms?
Listen carefully. The candidate's answer will display their knowledge of aliquots, as well as their ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms. This is important as Specimen Processors assist clients with inquiries.
2. Could you give me an example from past experience where you handled a challenging person gracefully?
The candidate's answer will demonstrate their people skills. A Specimen Processor deals with clients who may be experiencing anxiety due to pending laboratory results, and needs outstanding people skills to assist these clients.
3. How does it affect you knowing the specimens you are handling could influence the course of people's lives?
The potential hire needs to show the understanding that specimens are attached to humans who will be affected by test results. It is important for Specimen Processors to be empathetic, as they liaise with customers regarding pending specimen results.
4. Could you share an example where you consulted with others to get insight into a work-related challenge?
The potential hire's answer will demonstrate their ability to ask for help when needed.
5. How do you deal with the repetitive nature of data capturing?
It is essential for a Specimen Processor to perform accurately, therefore the candidate needs to show the ability to deal effectively with repetitive tasks.