IT Supervisors are employed in a number of fields to supervise IT teams as they maintain, update, and install computer systems. They recruit new staff and provide training wherever required. IT Supervisors frequently perform operational and staff assessments, and may also write reports and user manuals.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
IT Supervisor Job Description Template
We are searching for a detail-oriented IT Supervisor to join our excellent team. The IT Supervisor’s responsibilities include supervising staff while they complete repairs and installations, providing training to new recruits, scrutinizing existing processes, writing reports, developing work schedules, and delegating tasks. You should also be able to develop optimization strategies and provide excellent customer service.
To be successful as an IT Supervisor, you should keep abreast of developments in your field and have the ability to quickly diagnose tech-related problems. Outstanding candidates are able to meet deadlines and keep their team focused in stressful situations.
IT Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Analyzing existing computer systems and making recommendations for upgrades and improvements.
- Developing and overseeing the installation of systems, which include software and hardware.
- Performing tests and troubleshooting, as well as quality assurance.
- Implementing safety procedures and data recovery plans.
- Recruiting, training, and evaluating staff members.
- Developing user manuals, as well as policies, procedures, and safety protocols.
- Collaborating with other departments and professionals in the development of IT systems.
- Ensuring all installations, maintenance, and upgrades are carried out on schedule and to client specifications.
- Delegating tasks and developing budgets and work schedules.
- Staying up-to-date with field advancements and ensuring the team receives refresher training as well.
IT Supervisor Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science, IT or similar.
- An associate’s degree may be acceptable.
- Degree or completed courses in Business Administration would be advantageous.
- Relevant certification may be required.
- Practical experience installing and maintaining systems is recommended.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources