IT Auditor Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an IT Auditor with an analytical mind and expertise in IT systems, applications, and infrastructure. IT Auditors are expected to have outstanding problem-solving skills, meticulous attention to detail, and a great understanding of cybersecurity trends.
To ensure success, an IT Auditor must be capable of maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information while working with a variety of technologies, security problems, and troubleshooting of the network. Top candidates will display an excellent understanding of Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy, and Security Audits.
IT Auditor Responsibilities:
- Examine internal IT controls, evaluate the design and operational effectiveness, determine exposure to risk, and develop remediation strategies.
- Troubleshoot security and network problems.
- Respond to all system and/or network security breaches.
- Plan, implement, monitor, and upgrade security measures for the protection of the organization’s data, systems, and networks.
- Participate in the change management process.
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities, and create counteractive strategies to protect the network.
- Conduct efficient and effective IT audit procedures.
- Communicate complex technical issues in simplified terms to the relevant staff.
- Perform regular audit testing and provide recommendations.
- Review, evaluate, and test application controls.
- Provide recommendations and guidance on identified security and control risks.
- Develop a strong understanding of business and system processes.
IT Auditor Requirements:
- A degree in Information Technology/Computer Information Systems or related. (essential).
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) (essential).
- 2 years of work experience as an IT Auditor.
- Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Office 365 Security, VSX, and Endpoint Security.
- Financial and IT application experience (SAP, QAD, MFGPro, Peoplesoft, and Hyperion).
- Expert in Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy, and Security Audits.
- Clear understanding of IT audit methodologies.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques.