Information Technology (IT) Auditors help organizations by protecting their internal controls and data within their technology system. They safeguard sensitive information by identifying weaknesses in a system’s network and creating strategies to prevent any security breaches in the technology.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
IT Auditor Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an IT Auditor with an analytical mind and expertise in IT systems, applications and infrastructure. IT Auditors are expected to have outstanding problem-solving skills, a meticulous attention to detail and a great understanding of cyber security trends.
To ensure success, an IT Auditor must be capable of maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information while working with a variety of technologies, security problems and troubleshooting of the network. Top candidates will display an excellent understanding of Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy and Security Audits.
IT Auditor Responsibilities:
- Examine internal IT controls, evaluate the design and operational effectiveness, determine exposure to risk and develop remediation strategies.
- Troubleshoot security and network problems.
- Respond to all system and/or network security breaches.
- Plan, implement, monitor and upgrade security measures for the protection of the organization’s data, systems and networks.
- Participate in the change management process.
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities, and create counteractive strategies to protect the network.
- Conduct efficient and effective IT audit procedures.
- Communicate complex technical issues in simplified terms to the relevant staff.
- Perform regular audit testing and provide recommendations.
- Review, evaluate and test application controls.
- Provide recommendations and guidance on identified security and control risks.
- Develop a strong understanding of business and system processes.
IT Auditor Requirements:
- A degree in Information Technology/Computer Information Systems or related. (essential).
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) (essential).
- 2 years of work experience as an IT Auditor.
- Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Office 365 Security, VSX and Endpoint Security.
- Financial and IT application experience (SAP, QAD, MFGPro, Peoplesoft and Hyperion).
- Expert in Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy and Security Audits.
- Clear understanding of IT audit methodologies.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Great awareness of cyber security trends and hacking techniques.