Internal Auditors are accounting professionals who provide organizations with guidance on financial accuracy, internal controls and regulatory compliance. They examine and improve operating practices, and financial and risk management processes of the organization.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Internal Auditor Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an Internal Auditor with brilliant accounting and analytical skills. Internal Auditors are expected to be organized with brilliant problem-solving skills and constantly deliver on tight deadlines. You should have an outstanding aptitude for math, strong IT skills and superb communication skills.
To ensure success, Internal Auditors must be critical thinkers with a keen interest in improving an organization’s internal control structure. Top candidates will have remarkable presentation and report writing skills, and display incredible business acumen.
Internal Auditor Responsibilities:
- Identify and assess areas of significant business risk.
- Implement best audit and business practices in line with applicable internal audit statements.
- Manage resources and audit assignments.
- Identify and reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls.
- Develop, implement and maintain internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practice.
- Compile and implement the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks.
- Oversee risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes.
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to Management and/or Risk Committees.
- Overall supervision of planned annual audits.
Internal Auditor Requirements:
- Degree in Internal Auditing, Financial Accounting or Financial Management (essential).
- Two years of work experience in an internal audit environment.
- Two years of Fraud Auditing experience.
- Accreditation with the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Exceptional accounting skills.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent documentation, communication and IT skills.