Auditor Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized, analytical auditor to help us examine our current policies and procedures and help us develop strategies to improve our internal control systems. The Auditor will meet with employees and managers to collect information, analyze data, identify problems and weaknesses, and help managers develop strategies to minimize or eliminate errors.
To be a successful auditor, you should be focused on helping businesses optimize operations and ensuring that their policies and procedures are in compliance with current regulations. You should be knowledgeable, objective, logical, and detail-oriented.
- Working with companies and government agencies to research and solve problems and develop policies and procedures that comply with current legislation.
- Analyzing, evaluating, developing, and implementing new control systems that optimize operations or utilize new technologies.
- Recording, reviewing, and interpreting data to determine the effectiveness of operations.
- Researching discrepancies, operational problems, or other issues.
- Examining records, reports, receipts, or other documents and comparing them to company assets and liabilities.
- Bringing company strengths and weaknesses to the attention of management and providing advice as they develop responses or fixes for these issues.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management or other interested parties.
- Maintaining awareness of current industry trends, technology, and developments.
- Handling additional duties and special projects to ensure the business is operating efficiently and in compliance with all current regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as accounting, finance, computer science, or business.
- 2 years of experience in a relevant field is generally required.
- Additional distinctions or certifications may be preferred or required.
- In-depth industry knowledge regarding best practices, policies, current regulations, and technology.
- Exceptional research, planning, problem-solving, critical thinking, and math skills.
- Excellent presentation, collaboration, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers, especially bookkeeping or financial software and MS Office.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, integrity, and attention to detail.