Tax Auditor Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly capable tax auditor to perform tax audits on our financial records. You will be determining whether our business's tax management procedures comply with regulations, performing tax calculations, and compiling a tax audit report for our financial managers to act upon.
To achieve success as a tax auditor, you should demonstrate extensive experience as a tax auditor and the ability to ensure compliance with tax laws. An accomplished tax auditor will be someone whose expertise in tax auditing enables companies to apply best practices in tax management.
Tax Auditor Responsibilities:
- Traveling to clients to examine and analyze tax documents and financial records.
- Analyzing accounting systems and developing audit plans.
- Determining taxable income, applicable tax deductions, and nontaxable expenses.
- Applying federal, state, and city tax laws and regulations to auditing procedures.
- Evaluating tax refunds, collecting delinquent taxes, and filing tax returns.
- Compiling and presenting detailed tax audit reports to financial managers.
- Making recommendations and establishing best practices in tax management.
- Overseeing the implementation of tax audit recommendations.
- Keeping informed of tax laws and regulations, as well as auditing practices.
Tax Auditor Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, with a specialization in internal auditing.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or an equivalent thereof preferred.
- At least 2 years experience as a tax auditor.
- Proficiency in tax auditing software, such as BNA Corporate Tax Audit Analyzer and KDK Spectrum.
- In-depth knowledge of all applicable tax laws and regulations.
- Exceptional analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills.
- Superb organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced ability to collaborate and provide guidance.
- Willingness to travel to client locations.