IT Supervisors lead IT teams and oversee the updating, troubleshooting, maintenance, and installation of computer systems. They assist with recruitment and training, and perform quality assurance. IT Supervisors identify tech-related issues and also write reports and develop user manuals.
When interviewing IT Supervisors, look for candidates with in-depth knowledge of computer systems and exceptional analytical and communication skills. Be wary of those who overlook little details and lack leadership abilities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for IT Supervisors:
1. Can you describe how you would test a new computer system?
Demonstrates knowledge of IT systems and reveals evaluation techniques.
2. What, in your opinion, makes a good IT technician?
Tests knowledge of the field, as well as the ability to spot a good IT recruit.
3. A system crashes and all the data is lost. What do you do?
Tests knowledge of safety protocols and recovery plans, as well as the ability to remain calm under pressure.
4. As an IT Supervisor, what is the most advanced skill you’ve developed?
Reveals skill level, experience, and suitability for the role.
5. A few coworkers take issue with the tasks you’ve allocated. What do you do?
Tests willingness to listen to team members and the ability to remain professional and fair at all times.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources