Interpreters interpret verbal communication from one language to another, and act as mediums where language barriers exist. At times, Interpreters translate written communication from one language to another. Interpreters work in education, health care, insurance, legal and other industries.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interpreter Job Description Template
We are looking for a competent Interpreter to provide assistance to non-English speakers across a range of activities. The Interpreter will provide interpretation services during various processes, and make sight translations of documents. You will provide accurate concepts and explanations with no additions or omissions, and according to conventions of established interpretation protocol. You will identify factors that hinder your performance as an Interpreter, and swiftly report these to relevant parties.
To ensure success you need to process and impart information swiftly, and relay intentions, emotions and tone in your interpretations. Preferred applicants have outstanding problem-solving skills, and have the ability to work to a high level of accuracy.
- Acting as Interpreter between a wide range of people with diverse voices, accents, speaking tempos and personalities.
- Providing parties with clear and exact translations of written materials, and interpretations of verbal communication.
- Providing interpretations of questions, answers, statements, arguments, explanations and other forms of verbal communication.
- Rendering sight translations of documents and other written materials.
- Imparting thought, purpose, spirit, emotions and tone of speakers from source language into target language.
- Interpreting with no additions or omissions.
- Informing relevant parties of factors that may hinder your performance.
- Completion of daily activity logs and other documentation.
- Complying with applicable ethics and standards.
- High School Diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- Valid certificate of accredited interpreting training.
- Excellent bilingual communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Proficient with use of office equipment.
- Outstanding listening, retention and note-taking skills.
- Proficient enunciation and pronunciation skills, and pleasant, professional voice.
- Proficient understanding of cultural sensitivity, and ability to collaborate with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources