District Attorney Investigator Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a conscientious district attorney investigator to assist us in conducting investigations. The district attorney investigator will collaborate with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies, work in an undercover capacity, and interview witnesses and interrogate suspects. When compiling reports, the district attorney investigator will ensure all avenues have been explored and no defenses have been overlooked. You will gather, assess and preserve evidence, photograph crime scenes, and create diagrams and charts pertaining to investigations. You will participate in law enforcement meetings with community groups and other organizations.
To be successful in this role you will be focused on serving and protecting the community, and meticulously gather and preserve evidence. Top candidates display initiative, employ independent judgment and have integrity.
District Attorney Investigator Responsibilities:
- Investigating cases assigned by district attorney independently or as part of a team.
- Collaborating with district attorney's office attorneys to evaluate and prepare cases for court.
- Documenting, reviewing and assessing information.
- Serving subpoenas, show cause orders and summonses, executing search and arrest warrants, and locating witnesses.
- Arranging extradition of relevant parties.
- Interviewing, questioning and taking statements from suspects and witnesses.
- Preparing, reviewing, evaluating reports.
- Advising Chief District Attorney Investigator on course of action.
- Delivering testimony in court.
- Collaborating with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Representing District Attorney's Office in meetings and at conferences.
District Attorney Investigator Requirements:
- Equivalent to 2 years of college education focussing on police science, criminology or related field.
- 3+ years experience as peace officer with criminal investigation experience.
- Valid police officer training certificate.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficient knowledge of modern investigative techniques and legal processes.
- Proficient knowledge of applicable laws.
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with District Attorney.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.