Information Technology Sales Associate Job Description Template
We are seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable information technology sales associate to promote and sell our IT solutions. In this role, your duties will include familiarizing yourself with the technical specifications of our products, assessing clients' IT needs and demonstrating our IT solutions to potential clients.
To ensure success as an information technology sales associate, you should exhibit extensive sales experience in an IT solutions environment, as well as in-depth knowledge of IT industry trends. Information technology sales associates ensure that their IT sales expertise translates to increased sales revenue.
Information Technology Sales Associate Responsibilities:
- Keeping informed on technical product specifications and functionalities.
- Developing a sales strategy and setting sales targets.
- Consulting with IT developers and management on product offerings.
- Identifying marketing opportunities and developing sales leads.
- Assessing potential clients' IT needs and recommending products.
- Preparing and delivering sales pitches and product demonstrations.
- Negotiating sales and service renewal contracts, as well as discounts and warranties.
- Initiating after-sales technical support based on client requirements and feedback.
- Tracking sales targets and documenting sales performance metrics.
- Ensuring competitiveness by analyzing and researching industry trends.
Information Technology Sales Associate Requirements:
- A bachelor's or associate's degree in marketing, or a similar qualification.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology would be advantageous.
- 2-5 years experience in an IT sales environment.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing and sales strategies.
- Ability to explain and demonstrate IT product specifications and functionalities.
- Advanced proficiency in IT industry terminology and jargon.
- Ability to liaise with management and IT developers about sales strategies.
- Exceptional ability in negotiating sales deals, contracts, and service agreements.
- Ability to evaluate client feedback and provide after-sales service.
- In-depth knowledge of consumer behavior, as well as industry trends and innovation.