Interview Questions for Sales Development Representatives:
1. How would you initiate a conversation when cold-calling potential customers?
Demonstrates candidates' communication and interpersonal skills, as well as their ability to engage people.
2. What methods do you use to ascertain a potential customer's needs in order to connect them with the right goods or services?
Demonstrates candidates' analytical skills.
3. How do you handle rejection from a potential lead?
Demonstrates candidates' ability to cope and work under pressure.
4. How comfortable are you with cold-calling?
Demonstrates candidates' ability to work under pressure and deal with potentially difficult situations and people. Take note of candidates who hesitate or ramble in their answer.
5. What process do you use to go out and find new customers?
Demonstrates candidates' analytical and creative thinking skills, as well as their knowledge of the industry.