Sales Development Representatives focus on lead generation and setting up sales appointments. They will generate leads and solicit potential customers through cold-calling and replying to inquiries, connect interested customers with the right salespeople, and facilitate sales for the company they work for.
When interviewing Sales Development Representatives, look for candidates who demonstrate good telephone etiquette, customer service skills, and communication skills. Take note of candidates who lack analytical and time management skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Sales Development Representatives:
1. How would you initiate a conversation when cold-calling potential customers?
Demonstrates candidates' communication and interpersonal skills, as well as their ability to engage people.
2. What methods do you use to ascertain a potential customer's needs in order to connect them with the right goods or services?
Demonstrates candidates' analytical skills.
3. How do you handle rejection from a potential lead?
Demonstrates candidates' ability to cope and work under pressure.
4. How comfortable are you with cold-calling?
Demonstrates candidates' ability to work under pressure and deal with potentially difficult situations and people. Take note of candidates who hesitate or ramble in their answer.
5. What process do you use to go out and find new customers?
Demonstrates candidates' analytical and creative thinking skills, as well as their knowledge of the industry.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources