Depending on the needs of an organization, a Business Development Coordinator identifies, develops, and secures new business opportunities by generating leads and sales, maintaining client relationships, and coordinating promotional activities. They work in a variety of fields, including marketing, law, retail, healthcare, and NGOs.
Business Development Coordinator Job Description Template
We are seeking a motivated Business Development Coordinator to assist our Business Development Manager in driving lead generation and expanding the business. You will conduct market analysis, initiate contact with prospects, generate leads and sales, maintain relationships with existing clients and address their needs, and complete a range of administrative duties.
To excel in this role, you will enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment, have excellent people skills, and be comfortable pitching and presenting to customers regularly.
- Creating and implementing sales strategies and identifying new markets to enter.
- Conducting market research to identify new business development opportunities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with customers via email, phone, and in-person.
- Coordinating and arranging client events, meetings, appointments, and conferences.
- Assisting with the preparation of presentations and pitches for prospective clients.
- Writing and distributing agendas, proposals, cost estimates, and briefing documents for internal and external meetings.
- Creating and maintaining client databases and mail lists.
- Tracking submitted proposals and providing feedback to management.
- Providing effect administrative support.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- 2 - 4 years of professional experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong networking skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.