High School Teacher Job Description Template
We are searching for a highly dependable and passionate high school teacher to join our school. The high school teacher’s responsibilities include developing lesson plans, delivering content, administering assessments, and providing feedback to students and parents. You should be able to deal with students from varying backgrounds, resolve in-class conflict, and respond well to criticism.
To be successful as a high school teacher, you should be extremely resilient, well-organized, and flexible. Outstanding candidates are able to manage their time, keep abreast of developments in their field, and adjust teaching techniques to suit different students.
High School Teacher Responsibilities:
- Developing lesson plans in the relevant subject area and grade, and ensuring all lessons align with curriculum objectives.
- Drawing up classroom rules and safety regulations and ensuring all students understand them.
- Using a range of teaching materials and methods to deliver content.
- Providing additional support and interventions for struggling students and extra resources to those who are ahead of the class.
- Preparing students for tests, exams, presentations, experiments, and other assessments.
- Grading assessments and providing feedback and reports to students and parents.
- Attending staff and parent meetings to provide helpful recommendations or voice concerns.
- Establishing rapport and professional relationships with students, staff, and parents.
- Supervising students in class, during events, and on field trips.
- Monitoring students’ overall wellbeing and liaising with school counselors and other staff members when there are concerns or issues.
- Attending ongoing learning initiatives like workshops, lectures, conferences, and other events where you are able to expand education networks.
High School Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in the subject area.
- A relevant license, certificate, or registration.
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Resilience and a positive attitude.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Superb interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to establish rapport and build professional relationships with adolescents.
- A high degree of professionalism.
- A growth mindset.