STEM Teacher Job Description Template
We are seeking a great communicator with excellent interpersonal skills for the role of STEM teacher. The STEM teacher will be responsible for developing learning activities and hands-on material, tending to individual student needs, and communicating regularly with parents.
To ensure success as a STEM teacher, candidates should have a strong quantitative background, demonstrate empathy, and have good written and verbal communication skills. Ultimately, a top-notch STEM teacher will have excellent classroom management abilities and engage students with the subject matter.
STEM Teacher Responsibilities:
- Developing STEM curricula.
- Planning daily lessons.
- Adopting a data-driven attitude towards measuring learner progress.
- Developing STEM learning activities and hands-on material for classes.
- Attending to individual student needs.
- Demonstrating an awareness of different student backgrounds and cultures.
- Communicating regularly with parents.
- Providing extra support to students who need it.
- Monitoring student growth to identify strengths and areas for improvement.
- Using learner data to constantly refine your curriculum.
- Providing regular feedback to students.
STEM Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field.
- State teaching license in the relevant field.
- Knowledge of STEM best practices.
- Empathy and great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proficiency with basic computer software such as Word and Excel.
- Experience working with children and adolescents. Previous experience as a STEM teacher will be advantageous.
- Good classroom management skills.
- Good teamwork abilities.