Interview Questions for High School English Teachers:
1. Can you tell me about the last book you read that was not prescribed for students?
Evaluates candidates' passion for literature and their love for reading.
2. What is the best English lesson you have delivered so far?
Tests the ability to evaluate a good lesson. Also reveals teaching style and planning skills.
3. Describe a time when you collaborated with another colleague. What happened?
Tests communication skills, the ability to work in a team, and the willingness to learn from others.
4. What do you hope to contribute to our English Department during your time here?
Reveals more about candidates, their potential, as well as their long and short-term goals.
5. Most of your students have done poorly on the midterm exam. What do you do?
Tests candidates' level of accountability, their willingness to ask for help, as well as their resilience.