Art Teacher Job Description Template
We are looking for a creative, flexible art teacher to join our team of seasoned educators. The art teacher's responsibilities include sourcing art supplies, preparing lessons, and providing developmentally appropriate instruction on art techniques. You should also be able to supervise lessons to ensure that learners interact in a supportive and respectful manner.
To be successful as an art teacher, you should be able to encourage creativity and self-expression among students. Ultimately, an outstanding art teacher will be attentive and responsive to themes in students' art that suggest distress in their personal lives.
Art Teacher Responsibilities:
- Planning lessons on art and art history in accordance with students' learning objectives.
- Preparing the classroom by gathering and setting up equipment.
- Developing students' drawing, coloring, and painting techniques.
- Providing instruction on the use of media such as graphite and charcoal pencils, as well as oil, acrylic, and watercolor paint.
- Teaching students about art history.
- Assigning and grading projects and examinations.
- Recording and reporting on students' progress.
- Ensuring that the classroom is clean after each lesson.
- Monitoring inventory and sourcing art supplies, as needed.
- Attending faculty and parent-teacher meetings.
Art Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in fine arts with teaching qualification, or equivalent.
- Prior experience as an art teacher.
- Demonstrated excellence in a variety of art techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to supervise group work.
- Outstanding planning and problem-solving skills.
- Supportive, flexible disposition.
- Available to work during evenings, on occasion.