Art Teachers work in primary and secondary schools, where they provide instruction on drawing, coloring, and painting, as well as art history.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Art Teacher Job Description Template
We are looking for a creative, flexible Art Teacher to join our team of seasoned educators. The Art Teacher's responsibilities include sourcing art supplies, preparing lessons, and providing developmentally-appropriate instruction on art techniques. You should also be able to supervise lessons to ensure that learners interact in a supportive and respectful manner.
To be successful as an Art Teacher, you should be able to encourage creativity and self-expression among students. Ultimately, an outstanding Art Teacher will be attentive and responsive to themes in students' art that suggest distress in their personal lives.
Art Teacher Responsibilities:
- Planning lessons on art and art history in accordance with students' learning objectives.
- Preparing the classroom by gathering and setting up equipment.
- Developing students' drawing, coloring, and painting techniques.
- Providing instruction on the use of media such as graphite and charcoal pencils, as well as oil, acrylic, and watercolor paint.
- Teaching students about art history.
- Assigning and grading projects and examinations.
- Recording and reporting on students' progress.
- Ensuring that the classroom is clean after each lesson.
- Monitoring inventory and sourcing art supplies, as needed.
- Attending faculty and parent-teacher meetings.
Art Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts with teaching qualification, or equivalent.
- Prior experience as an Art Teacher.
- Demonstrated excellence in a variety of art techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to supervise group work.
- Outstanding planning and problem-solving skills.
- Supportive, flexible disposition.
- Available to work during evenings, on occasion.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources