An English Teacher teaches reading, writing and speaking skills to students from Elementary School through to High School. English Teachers employ teaching styles to make lessons interesting and ensure that information is remembered.
When interviewing English Teachers, the most suitable candidate will display a passion for the subject and imparting English skills to students. Be wary of candidates who lack passion, have poor communication skills, and low energy.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for English Teachers:
1. How has your experience in the classroom prepared you to be able to teach children of different personalities?
Tests the candidate’s experience and job knowledge.
2. Can you describe some of the methods that you use to make your lessons exciting and lively?
Tests lesson planning and organizational skills.
3. How do you keep an accurate account of each student’s academic record?
Demonstrates administrative and record-keeping skills.
4. What method do you use to promote critical thinking in the classroom?
Tests the candidate's analytical method of teaching.
5. What techniques would you use to test speaking skills?
Tests the candidate's experience and knowledge.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources