Helicopter Mechanic Job Description Template
We are looking for a certified, dedicated helicopter mechanic to join our team and be responsible for ensuring our helicopters are up to FAA standards. The helicopter mechanic will be responsible for inspecting the helicopters, determining if any parts need replacing and diagnosing and troubleshooting any mechanical and technological problems.
To be a successful helicopter mechanic, you should be highly skilled in mechanics and have a strong working knowledge of the relevant tools needed for maintenance. You should also be able to work under pressure and in various weather conditions.
Helicopter Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Conducting regular and methodical inspections on all the helicopters in our hangars, according to inspection regulations.
- Identifying potential problems, performing diagnosis procedures to determine the causes, and troubleshooting the problems.
- Performing the necessary repairs to correct diagnosed problems in a timely manner.
- Conducting scheduled maintenance, such as oil changes.
- Using the appropriate instruments, tools, and software programs to measure performance and make repairs.
- Communicating with helicopter pilots about the performance of the helicopters during flight.
- Troubleshooting any issues brought to light by the helicopter pilots immediately.
- Making helicopter retirement recommendations based on previous maintenance, repairs, and flight times.
- Keeping detailed maintenance logs and reports.
Helicopter Mechanic Requirements:
- Successful completion of a training program in airframe and powerplant mechanics, or similar, through the Federal Aviation Association (FAA).
- FAA certification.
- In-depth working knowledge of aviation mechanic tools and aircraft diagnostic tools.
- Previous aviation or mechanical experience may be advantageous.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Great critical thinking skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.