Helicopter Mechanics use various aircraft diagnostic instruments to conduct inspections of helicopters according to specific regulations. They are responsible for the repair and maintenance of helicopters in hangars or on runways at airfields.
When interviewing Helicopter Mechanics, look for candidates who demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of aviation mechanic tools and aircraft diagnostic tools. Be wary of candidates with little experience in aviation or mechanics as well as those who lack strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Helicopter Mechanics:
1. What have you learned from making mistakes in routine maintenance inspections?
Demonstrates candidates' critical thinking skills and the ability to learn from their mistakes. The examples given should be fairly inconsequential, but credible candidates will have at least a few examples.
2. What would you do if a fellow mechanic was not performing up to standard?
Illustrates candidates' problem-solving and teamwork skills.
3. What would you do if a pilot said they lost tail rotor strength during flight?
Demonstrates candidates' troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
4. In your opinion, what tool should a Helicopter Mechanic always have with them?
Shows candidates' knowledge of aviation mechanic tools. Look for an in-depth description of a tool that has multiple uses.
5. Can you describe a time when you found it important to disagree with your boss?
Illustrates candidates' problem-solving and interpersonal skills, as well as their ability to work on their own.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources