Aircraft Maintenance Engineers are responsible for inspecting, maintaining, and repairing aircraft to ensure safe operation. Aircraft Maintenance Engineers work long hours on emergency repairs and must carefully follow FAA regulations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer to join our team and ensure the safety of our aircraft. The Aircraft Maintenance Engineer's responsibilities include conducting inspections, troubleshooting problems, making repairs, and making upgrades to aircraft.
To be a successful Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, you should possess an in-depth working knowledge of aircraft frames and the related mechanical parts. You should also be able to work well under pressure and have excellent time management skills.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities:
- Dismantling, inspecting, testing, repairing, and reassembling aircraft engines.
- Installing electrical circuits.
- Testing communication, aircraft, and electronic instruments and systems.
- Testing and replacing oxygen system components.
- Assembling aircraft frames.
- Conducting routine preflight inspections or engines and mechanical systems.
- Keeping detailed records of all maintenance work.
- Maintaining the company's facilities and equipment.
- Ordering parts and supplies, as needed.
- Upholding all safety and security procedures and FAA regulations.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Requirements:
- An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Aviation Maintenance Technology.
- FAA certification.
- 30 months' training under an FAA-certified mechanic or through the Armed Services.
- Excellent manual dexterity and attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of aviation and power tools, computers, diagnostic equipment, and x-ray machines.
- Flexibility to work long hours.
- Great communication and problem-solving skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources