Air Traffic Controllers maintain communications with aircraft and air traffic centers to provide pilots with information about potential hazards and runway availability for clearance for takeoff or landing. Air Traffic Controllers also monitor changes in weather as well as ground activity to ensure the safety of the aircraft and their passengers.
When interviewing Air Traffic Controllers, look for candidates who are skilled in multitasking and who have strong communication and technical skills. Be wary of candidates who demonstrate a lack of decisiveness, quick thinking, and attention to detail.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Air Traffic Controllers:
1. What kind of technology would you expect to work with in an air traffic control tower?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge, experience, and technical skills.
2. What methods do you use to prioritize and organize monitoring multiple devices and maintaining contact with multiple parties?
Demonstrates candidates' multitasking and organizational skills.
3. Can you describe a time when you remained calm and focused during an emergency situation?
Demonstrates candidates' experience and ability to work under pressure and in stressful situations.
4. What basic tasks would you expect to perform to ensure the safety of travellers and airline employees?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge, experience, and critical thinking skills.
5. What would you do in the case of a major crash?
Demonstrates candidates' critical thinking and analytical skills, as well as their ability to cope under pressure.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources