Aircraft Mechanic Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a qualified aircraft mechanic to manage the maintenance and repair of our aircraft. In this role, you'll be responsible for scheduling and overseeing routine maintenance checks, diagnosing mechanical and hydraulic system failures, and advising on the appropriate repair processes.
To ensure your success in the role, aircraft mechanics should demonstrate in-depth knowledge of structural, mechanical, and hydraulic systems. An expert aircraft mechanic will be someone who has excellent communication and analytical skills, strong attention to detail, and is dedicated to learning and growing in this field.
Aircraft Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Scheduling and overseeing routine maintenance checks.
- Implementing and adhering to strict safety guidelines.
- Creating and maintaining repair logs and records.
- Using hand tools, diagnostic tests, and gauges to identify hydraulic and mechanical malfunctions.
- Collaborating with engineers and system mechanics to ensure that all aircraft systems are running correctly.
- Preparing diagnostics reports and suggesting repair solutions based on thorough evaluations.
- Ensuring that all aircraft parts are accurately labeled, organized, and restored.
Aircraft Mechanic Requirements:
- Previous experience as an Aircraft Mechanic or in a similar position.
- Aviation-specific training and/or qualification.
- A&P certification is preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.