Geneticists study genes and work as medical doctors, researchers or educators. Some Geneticists specialize in epigenetics, the study of how genomes are activated by biological factors. Geneticists may also specialize in ecological genetics, which is the study of genetics in natural populations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Geneticist Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an innovative Geneticist to assist our team of clinical laboratory geneticists with providing diagnostic testing for genetic conditions. The Geneticist will provide high-throughput screening, play a pivotal role in developing new tests, and assess and improve disease and gene panels. You will review and interpret patients’ results accurately, record your research and maintain pertinent records. You will analyze data for presentation or publication, and comply with company procedures and policies.
To ensure success you need to utilize your creativity to make new advancements in the field. Top candidates are deadline-driven, detail-oriented and have outstanding organizational skills.
- Studying and interpreting patients' results accurately.
- Applying mathematical and statistical methods to analyze and interpret laboratory results.
- Recording research by maintaining records.
- Collaborating effectively with relevant parties and communicating test results to health care professionals.
- Assessing and improving disease and gene panels.
- Engaging in developing and validating new tests.
- Overseeing quality control and setting standards for new tests.
- Writing academic journal articles on research results.
- Ensuring current knowledge of developments in the field of genetics.
- Complying with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- PhD in molecular biology, or molecular genetics and genomics.
- 2+ years clinical laboratory experience.
- American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ABMGG) certification.
- Valid state licensure.
- Proficient knowledge of next-generation sequencing technologies.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent people skills.
- Proficient organizational skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources