An Immunologist studies the human immune system. Medical doctors combine immunology with subspecialties such as autoimmune diseases, allergies and infectious diseases. Immunologists work for research companies, healthcare facilities and educational institutions.
Immunologist Job Description Template
We are looking for an analytic, creative Immunologist with a background in molecular biology to assist us with developing novel immune therapeutics. The Immunologist will continuously share findings with management and multidisciplinary teams. You will collaborate with other scientists in pre-clinical research and development, and create engineered human and murine immune cells, and cell-based assays.
To be successful in this role you need to find a balance between functioning autonomously and collaborating with team members to undertake scientific challenges. Ideal applicants are creative, driven team players.
- Liaising and collaborating with external entities as expert in immunology.
- Attending and participating in project team meetings, and coaching research associates.
- Collaborating with team members to design experiments, and playing creative role in problem-solving.
- Collaborating with pharmaceutical companies to promote scientific visibility of company.
- Ensuring adequate laboratory purchasing and inventory maintenance.
- Generating and testing engineered human and murine immune cells.
- Evaluating promising immunotherapy strategies by planning, creating and validating cell-based assays.
- Planning and implementing in vitro studies using primary immune cells to identify T cell responses.
- Creating laboratory reports and maintaining records.
- Maintaining knowledge of latest developments in immunology field.
- PhD in Immunology or related field.
- 2+ years research experience.
- Proficient with culture of primary human cells, in vitro assays, and intracellular cytokine staining.
- Knowledge of flow cytometry analysis software.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding people skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources