Front Desk Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a conscientious front desk manager to oversee the front desk operations of our business. In this role, you will be required to greet and welcome guests, tend to their questions and complaints, manage booking and appointment schedules, and ensure that the reception area is professionally maintained.
To be a successful front desk manager, you should possess strong time management and organizational skills and be financially minded. A top-notch front desk manager should provide exceptional customer service and strong leadership skills.
Front Desk Manager Responsibilities:
- Defining and implementing front desk objectives and procedures.
- Hiring and training staff and managing the shift schedules.
- Tending to guests' complaints and questions and providing exceptional customer service.
- Ensuring that the front desk and reception area is kept clean and organized.
- Maintaining front desk office supplies and equipment.
- Managing budgets, records, and contracts.
- Supervising staff and all front desk activities including bookings, appointments, phone calls, and emails.
- Conducting performance reviews with the front desk staff.
- Generating reports and feedback for presentation to the general manager.
- Performing administrative duties such as filing and updating records, among others, as needed.
Front Desk Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality or similar.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a front desk manager or similar.
- Proficient in hotel front desk software such as HotelKey, innRoad, and Cloudbeds.
- Good understanding of procedures and practices in the hospitality industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Good leadership and training abilities.