The Hotel Front Desk receives guests and ensures that they check in and out successfully.
While interviewing Hotel Front Desks the successful candidate will be well presented, friendly and professional, with a confident manner of answering questions. Be wary of candidates who have low energy, poor communication skills, and an untidy appearance.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Hotel Front Desk
1. Who was the most challenging person you have dealt with in the past, and how did you deal with them?
The potential hire's answer will show whether they have the ability to deal with challenging people. It is essential for a Hotel Front Desk to deal with challenging guests in a tactful, gracious manner.
2. Could you direct me to the following places nearby: a nightclub for patrons in my age group, an art gallery, a bakery and a tobacconist that sells cigars?
A Hotel Front Desk needs to assist guests by providing them with general information. The potential hire needs to demonstrate this ability.
3. How would you respond if a guest leaves with towels—our towels—visible in the top of their luggage?
The candidate needs to display the ability to balance the interests of your establishment with the guests' needs in a tactful manner.
4. Describe a time when you made a mistake in your duties. How did you rectify your error?
Candidate should acknowledge the significance of diligence in their duties and how oversight can lead to dissatisfied customers and a bad hotel reputation. Look for stories where candidates erred, rectified their error and learned a valuable lesson from it.
5. How would you ensure a customer is satisfied with his/her service?
Candidates should describe how they would listen to a guest and identify the root of their problems, deliver a timely solution to that problem and exceed their expectations. Look for candidates who seek to build relationships with their guests.