Guest Service Representatives are hospitality specialists who typically work at hotels. Their primary responsibilities include providing front desk services to guests, processing guest payments and acting as an information source on various matters.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Guest Service Representative Job Description Template
We are looking for highly organized candidates with excellent people skills for the position of Guest Service Representative. Guest Service Representatives are responsible for providing front desk services to guests, undertaking various administrative duties and diffusing conflict or tension in hotels, among other duties.
The best Guest Service Representatives will have tremendous patience when dealing with guests and accommodate their every need with enthusiasm and poise.
Guest Service Representative Responsibilities:
- Greeting guests upon arrival and making them feel welcomed.
- Administering check-ins and check-outs.
- Providing front desk services to guests.
- Assigning rooms and taking care of administrative duties.
- Delivering mail and messages.
- Processing guest payments.
- Coordinating with bell service and staff management.
- Being a source of information to guests on various matters such as transport and restaurant advice.
- Processing meal and beverage requests.
- Accommodating general and unique requests.
- Diffusing conflict or tense situations with guests.
Guest Service Representative Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years customer service experience.
- Certificate or diploma in hospitality advantageous.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Conflict resolution experience.
- Patience and good listening skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources