Guest Service Representative Interview Questions:
1. How would you ensure a customer is satisfied with his/her service?
Candidates should describe how they would listen to a guest and identify the root of their problems, deliver a timely solution to that problem and exceed their expectations. Look for candidates who seek to build relationships with their guests.
2. What are the advantages of working as part of a customer service team?
Candidates should list managing a large workload during peak season, presenting a consistent standard of care among staff and drawing from each other's different skill sets as some of the benefits of teamwork in hospitality. Look for candidates who describe how they've worked in a team to solve a guest's problem.
3. What, in your opinion, is the most important quality in a guest service representative?
Candidates should list patience, good listening skills and excellent people skills as essential qualities in a guest service representative.
4. Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult guest. How did you manage the situation?
Candidates should describe how they listened to the guest's concerns, apologized for any inconvenience caused and ensured that they would be well taken care of. Look for stories where a candidate demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
5. Describe a time when you made a mistake in your duties. How did you rectify your error?
Candidate should acknowledge the significance of diligence in their duties and how oversight can lead to dissatisfied customers and a bad hotel reputation. Look for stories where candidates erred, rectified their error and learned a valuable lesson from it.