Front Desk Agents check guests in and out of hotels, motels and resorts. This may include verifying guests' registration information, processing payments, issuing room keys and directing guests to rooms.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Front Desk Agent Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an upbeat Front Desk Agent to assist with checking guests in an out of our establishment. The Front Desk Agent will assist guests with inquiries, problems and complaints. The Front Desk Agent will be responsible for receiving guests’ payments and for balancing cash at end of shift. You will be familiar with the hotel layout, be up to date with different tariffs and special offers, understand the in-house restaurant's operation to facilitate guests' dining reservations and to make recommendations, and be proficient with operating the switchboard. You will ensure keys are handed back on guests' departure.
To ensure success you will be professional and pleasant in challenging situations, and take responsibility for satisfaction of guests from arrival to departure. Preferred candidates will be positive, pro-active and be skilled at multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
Front Desk Agent Responsibilities:
- Greeting and thanking guests in a sincere, friendly manner.
- Checking guests in on arrival and out on departure.
- Posting charges to appropriate guest accounts.
- Anticipating and addressing guests' needs, and resolving their problems and complaints.
- Assisting guests with disabilities.
- Operating switchboard and assisting with inquiries.
- Assisting the reservations manager with taking reservations.
- Collaborating and communicating with other internal departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Complying with company procedures and safety policies.
- Performing duties on daily checklist.
Front Desk Agent Requirements:
- High school diploma or suitable equivalent.
- 1+ years Front Desk Agent experience preferred.
- Well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player.
- Physically agile, and able to stand for extended periods.
- Available to work shifts, over weekends and on public holidays.