Food and Beverage Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated, creative food and beverage manager to join our team. The responsibilities of the food and beverage manager include managing food and beverage operations and standards, adhering to budgets, hiring and training food and beverage staff, and handling customer complaints.
To be a successful food and beverage manager, you should have excellent customer service and problem-solving skills, as well as experience with designing menus. Ultimately, top-notch food and beverage manager should be skilled at ordering just the right amount of inventory to last until the next delivery.
Food and Beverage Manager Responsibilities:
- Designing delicious and attractive menus and continuously making improvements.
- Forecasting, planning, sourcing, and ordering food supplies for the kitchen, as well as beverages to stock the bar and fridges.
- Building positive relationships with food and beverage vendors.
- Adhering to the food and beverage budget.
- Managing daily food and beverage operations.
- Following food and safety regulations.
- Maintaining positive customer relationships, processing complaints, and responding to customer needs.
- Assisting with marketing events.
- Creating and enforcing restaurant policies, targets, and KPIs.
- Hiring, training, and managing food and beverage staff.
Food and Beverage Manager Requirements:
- Minimum of 4 years experience in the hospitality industry, with an emphasis on food and beverages.
- Culinary or food service management degree may be advantageous.
- In-depth knowledge of the food industry.
- Strong working knowledge of related computer software, including restaurant management software.
- Ability to adhere to budgets and meet financial targets.
- Exceptional organizational, leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to forecast food and beverage needs.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Great delegation skills.